Become a Volunteer
How to Get Involved
- Volunteers must be a minimum of 14 years of age (unless otherwise stated)
- Download and complete the Volunteer Application Form and return it to the Volunteer Coordinator
- You will be contacted directly to discuss your application and next steps
- All volunteers must attend a MANDATORY training session,
- Contact the Volunteer Coordinator at anytime with questions
905-873-2601 ext. 2273 or Email us
"I have learned to become a child's friend and role model"
WHAT TO CONSIDER
- All applicants will be asked to attend an interview with the Volunteer Coordinator and must be able to provide 2 references
- All volunteers applying for a position working directly with children, seniors or individuals who have a disability will need to complete a Vulnerable Sector Police Background Check prior to having a placement confirmed. The cost of the Police Check (if applicable) is to be covered by the potential volunteer.
- Although we can't match every volunteer, all applications are considered Due to registration numbers and other factors programs may need to be cancelled, but we will work with volunteers to find another placement when possible
"I love to swim, so it is pretty natural that I volunteer at the pool.
I love volunteering there because I want to share my swimming knowledge and techniques"
MANDATORY VOLUNTEER TRAINING
All volunteers are required to complete a mandatory training session held throughout the year. Please contact the Volunteer Coordinator by emailing us above for dates and further details.
"It was a great way to earn my 40 hours and
I also got to meet
a whole bunch of new people!"
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED FOR NEW YOUTH VOLUNTEERS!
Promoting Leadership Amongst Youth (P.L.A.Y)
The P.L.A.Y. Program (Promoting Leadership Amongst Youth) encourages participants to become leaders in their own lives. The focus of the program is personal growth through fun and challenging group activities and is both classroom-based and hands-on. Youth will be introduced to topics such as teambuilding, communication, decision-making, conflict resolution and selfawareness.
"I decided to volunteer with the Town of Halton Hills
because I really enjoy working with kids. I also like learning how to be a leader"
WE HAVE VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES TO FIT ALL SCHEDULES AND INTERESTS!
- Administration & Special Projects
- JumpStart Committee Member
- Children & Youth Programs (aquatics, sports programs, camps, etc.)
- Inclusion Programs
- Parks and Open Space
- Special Events
- Seniors' Centres
- Helson Gallery (Docents)
- Halton Hills Cultural Centre Programs (Ushers)