NOTICE is hereby given that the Town of Halton Hills Council will be considering the passage of a by-law to prohibit or regulate Site Alterations in the Town of Halton Hills and repeal By-law 2010-0119 at the meeting to be held on Monday, June 19, 2017 starting at 6:30 p.m. in the Civic Centre Council Chambers, 1 Halton Hills Drive, Georgetown.
The Draft Site Alteration By-law can be viewed here: Draft Site Alteration By-law
Inquiries regarding the proposed by-law should be directed to Steve Grace, Transportation & Public Works at 905-873-2601 ext. 2315.
Persons wishing to be heard must fill out the Application to Appear Before Town Council located on the Town of Halton Hills website by Friday, June 16, 2017.
The Town of Halton Hills’ Site Alteration By-law 2010-0119 was enacted to control site alteration activities within the Town, including:
- Placing or dumping of fill.
- The removal of topsoil.
- Alteration of the grade of land.
The Bylaw was created to:
- Protect the roads, ditches, culverts, boulevards and storm water drainage patterns from damages caused by fill being hauled into and within the Town of Halton Hills boundaries.
- Control the hours of operation, haul routes and the volume of soils being imported into the area.
Town of Halton Hills reviews the permits and identifies whether they:
- Maintain appropriate drainage patterns.
- Limits damage or interference with drainage or water bodies.
- Maintain water quality.
- Protect natural heritage features (wetlands, escarpment, etc.)
- Prevent erosion and sedimentation.
- Prevent the use of hazardous or improper fill.
- Erosion and sedimentation is prevented.
- Take the natural topography, soils, and vegetation into consideration.
Site Alteration By-law 2010-0119
Site Alteration Schedule (Permit Application Only)
The Site Alteration Committee works closely with residents, homeowners, entrepreneurs and farmers of Halton Hills to assist them in fully understanding the ramification of altering their properties. Property owners are encouraged to seek the Town of Halton Hills assistance and expertise before beginning a site alteration.