Sidewalks – Winter Maintenance
What we do?
- The list of sidewalks that are regulated to be plowed can be found in By-Law No. 2010-0093.
- A specialized piece of equipment clears the snow from those sidewalks on the approved list only.
- Snow is removed from sidewalks on arterial and collector roads, and streets with schools adjacent.
- By-law No. 2008-0137 states that an owner of a property containing a multiple dwelling, commercial, industrial, or institutional facility are required to clear snow and ice from sidewalks 24 hours after snowfall.
- By-law No. 2008-0137 also states that property owners of single-family homes are encouraged to clear sidewalks so that persons using wheelchairs, scooters, walkers, strollers, etc. can use the sidewalk safely.
- If you cannot clear your own sidewalk due to health or mobility issues, please call Links2Care.These services are provided by a pre-screened, reliable Home Maintenance Worker at an affordable cost.
- Georgetown: 905-873-6502
- Acton: 519-853-3310
Please clear your sidewalks for the safety of all.