2014 Municipal Election - October 27, 2014
- Councillors (Local and Regional)
- Trustees, Halton District School Board
- Trustees, Halton Catholic District School Board
- Trustee, Conseil scolaire Viamonde (Nomination forms to be filed with the City of Hamilton)
- Trustee, Conseil scolaire de district catholique Centre-Sud
- Regional Chair (Nomination forms to be filed with the Regional Municipality of Halton)
Nominations, on the prescribed form, may be filed at the Town of Halton Hills Clerks Office, 1 Halton Hills Drive, Halton Hills, from January 2, 2014 to September 11, 2014, during regular business hours (Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.), and on Nomination Day September 12, 2014, between the hours of 9 a.m. and 2 p.m. The term of elected office will be from December 1, 2014, to November 30, 2018.
Under Section 29(1) of the Municipal Elections Act, 1996 – “A person may be nominated for an office only if, as of the day the person is nominated
a) he or she is qualified to hold that office under the Act that creates it; and
b) he or she is not ineligible under this or any other Act or otherwise prohibited by law to be nominated for or to hold the office.”
Nomination and the required Declaration of Qualification forms will be available in the Clerks Office or on the Town website on or before January 2, 2014. The following must be provided at the time of submission:
- A completed nomination paper
- A declaration of qualification by the candidate
- The prescribed filing fee in cash, debit, certified cheque, or money order payable to the Town of Halton Hills, in the amount of $200 for the office of Mayor, or $100 for all other offices
- Candidate identification (Driver’s Licence or other government issued photo identification)
A person who proposes to be a candidate may not accept contributions for election purposes, or incur expenses, until that person has filed a nomination paper with the Town Clerk.
Additional information may be obtained by contacting the Clerks Office at 905-873-2601 ext. 2330 or 2333.
Suzanne Jones, Town Clerk