2018 Municipal Election
Welcome to the Town of Halton Hill’s Municipal Elections page. This site is written and maintained by the Clerk’s Office of the Town of Halton Hills and the only official source for municipal election information for Halton Hills’ eligible candidates and voters.
The next municipal election will be held Monday, Oct. 22, 2018.
Nomination Day is Tuesday, May 1, 2018
- First day for candidates to file a nomination paper for the office of mayor, councillor or school board trustee
- First day for an individual or entity to file a notice of registration as a third party advertiser
- Campaign period begins once a nomination paper or notice of registration is filed
- Preliminary expense limit and other legislative documentation provided to candidates and third party advertisers on the day they file
Municipal Elections Act
Every four years, in accordance with the Municipal Elections Act, 1996, as amended, the Clerk, as Returning Officer, conducts elections for the offices of:
- Councillors (Local and Regional)
- Regional Chair (Nomination forms to be filed with Halton Region)
- *Trustee, Halton District School Board
- *Trustee, Halton Catholic District School Board
- *Trustee, Conseil scolaire Viamonde
- *Trustee, Conseil scolaire de district Catholique Centre-Sud
*The number of trustees to be elected in the municipality for each of the four School Boards is subject to the final determination and distribution of trustees in accordance with the Education Act, Reg. 412/00 s9(3). School Boards are required to provide this information on or before April 3, 2018.
This page will be updated as more information becomes available