Halton Hills Financial Statements
The primary role of the Corporate Services is to manage the Town's finances in a fiscally responsible and prudent manner. This entails day-to-day care and control of public funds as well as the development of long-term strategies that ensure the Town's future financial health and prosperity.
The Director of Corporate Services and Treasurer is the caretaker of the Town's financial resources and is charged with the responsibility of providing financial information, advice and analysis to both Council and Town Departments.
The Corporate Services Department is comprised of six sections, each representing a vital component and providing valuable services to the Town as follows:
- The Revenue and Tax section administers property tax accounts, accounts receivable, collection of general revenues and development charges.
- The Information Services section is responsible for acquiring and maintaining technology and telecommunications needs including hardware, software and training.
- The Accounting Services section maintains the financial records and is responsible for audit, financial reporting, accounts payable, investments, corporate insurance and budgeting.
- The Purchasing section researches and recommends solutions to all departments to ensure the best purchasing decisions and is also responsible for stores, inventory, internal printing and mail services.
- The Clerk's section provides administrative support services to Town Council and the various committees of Council which includes the preparation of agendas, minutes, by-laws and communicating the resulting actions.
- The Human Resources section provides top quality service to the Town and it's employees in the areas of compensation, payroll and benefits, health and safety, recruitment and retention, training and development, and labour relations.
Material on this website is available in alternate formats upon request. Please fill out the Request for Alternate Formats Form or contact the, Municipal Law Enforcement Coordinator/Accessibility Coordinator at 905-873-2601 ext. 2330.