Georgetown Action Sports Needs Assessment
The Town is studying Action Sports (Skateboards, Scooters, BMX, Mountain Bike, etc.) needs in the Georgetown Urban Area. We need your input!
Purpose of Study:
The purpose of this study is to confirm needs for new action sports opportunities in Georgetown, and develop prioritized implementation strategy. A focus of this project will be to specifically review hard-surface action sports parks (i.e. Skate Parks).
- To identify the best opportunities to improve action sports in Georgetown to continue serve youth, young adults and children, and active families by providing non-structured opportunities for active recreation.
- To confirm the need for additional action sports facilities in Georgetown while integrating with the other Recreational Facilities and Recreational Programs in Georgetown
- To advance and confirm the objectives of the Strategic Action Plan and Youth Needs Assessment regarding Skateparks/Action Sports
- To identify the highest priorities for implementation in the short,mid and long-term.
- To provide a framework to engage local community groups or residents to raise funds through a Joint Capital Initiative
To provide clarity in the desired next steps to improve action sports in Georgetown, and define a priority and implementation strategy.
- Long Survey (20-30 min) Click Here
- Short Survey (2 min) Click Here
Take the survey for a chance to win West49 Gift Cards
- Public Open House: Date TBA
- Project Information Boards View PDF
Summer & Fall 2016: Analysis of existing facilities, identify preliminary options, collect public input
Fall & Winter 2016: Assess options and priorities, begin implementation plan
Early 2017: Study completion
For more information contact:
Mark Taylor, OALA, CSLA
Snr Landscape Architect
Town of Halton Hills
1 Halton Hills Drive
Halton Hills ON L7G 5G2
Email: Mark Taylor
Phone: 905-873-2601 ext. 2267