Permission to Park
Pay your parking and speeding tickeks online.
Parking is regulated in the Town of Halton Hills for public safety, maintenance and accessibility of our residents. Maintenance of public parking lots are completed by the Town’s Public Work Division.
Uniform Traffic Control By-law No. 84-1 prohibits parking:
2:00 A.M. – 6:00 A.M. November 15 to April 15.
Applies to all streets under the jurisdiction of the Town of Halton Hills, unless authorized signs indicating otherwise are specifically posted. Motorists are reminded that By-law No. 84-1 also prohibits the parking of a vehicle on all Town roads for longer than five(5) consecutive hours at any single location, unless otherwise specifically posted.
On-street parking hinders snow clearing and other road maintenance operations. Your co-operation is requested.
AUTHORITIES MAY HAVE VEHICLES TICKETED OR TOWED AWAY AT THE OWNER'S EXPENSE.
Motorists should note that Town Parking Enforcement Officers will be on patrol through the duration of the parking restriction period and will ticket and/or have the offending vehicle removed.
The placing or pushing of snow or ice onto roadways or cleared sidewalks will obstruct or encumber vehicular and pedestrian traffic. Do Not push snow across roadways because the trail of snow does turn to ice. The Town's Obstruction, Encumbering or Fouling of Highways By-law No. 90-68 prohibits such action.
AUTHORITIES MAY HAVE SNOW AND ICE REMOVED AT THE PROPERTY OWNER'S EXPENSE
Improper snow and ice clearing can be a serious hazard to motorists and pedestrians. Your co-operation is requested. Please comply with the requirements of this Bylaw.
The winter season will soon be upon us. Be alert for snow plows and stay back at least 15 meters behind the trucks. Please avoid parking on streets during snowstorms to assist Public Works staff with winter control.
For further information please contact the Municipal Law Enforcement Coordinator at 905-873-2601 Ext. 2330
- The Town of Halton Hills provides free parking at several lots in Georgetown and Acton.
- Overnight parking is prohibited in municipal parking lots between 2 a.m. and 6 a.m.
- Main St. North*
- Willow Street South*
- Back Street*
- Draper Street*
- Market Street*
- Wesleyan Street*
*Limited Permits for Municipal Lots
- Limited monthly parking is available on municipal lots for overnight parking from 7:00 p.m. – 7:00 a.m.
- Parking permits are required and monthly permit fees will apply. See Infrastructure Services User Fees
- To obtain a parking permit, please contact the Public Works Division at 905-873-2601 ext. 2603.
- On all streets for longer than 5 hours under the jurisdiction of the Town of Halton Hills, unless authorized signs indicating otherwise see: Parking Exemptions
- No person shall Park a Vehicle on a Fire Route where Authorized Signs have been erected and maintained which prohibits Parking.
- No Person shall Stop a Vehicle on a Fire Route where Authorized Signs have been erected and maintained which prohibits Stopping.
- Halton Hills By-law to Designate and Regulate Fire Routes
Winter On-Street Parking Prohibition
(Effective November 15 to April 15)
- On-street parking is prohibited between 2:00 a.m. and 6:00 a.m.
- Effective on all Town streets, unless posted as a ‘12 Hour’ limit zone.
- Regulation is proactively enforced during the winter months.
- This regulation helps to facilitate winter road maintenance activities.
- Overnight Parking
Please see the Parking Pamphlet for more information.
- No person shall park a Vehicle in a Accessible Parking Space unless a current valid Permit has been issued to that person, organization or to a passenger being picked up or transported in the Vehicle and Such Permit must be displayed on or in the Vehicle in accordance with requirements of the Highway Traffic Act.
- Halton Hills By-law By-law to regulate off-street parking