Parks & Trails
Winter is a time when snow blankets the hills and trails in perfect white diamonds. It's a season of crisp clear nights, and fun-filled days. Make January a season to pull out all the warm gear and re-discover Halton Hills in the winter!
Here are some ways to take in the best of the season:
- Bring your toboggan, sled or snowboard and try the hills at Cedarvale Park and Sir Donald Mann Park
- Bring your snowshoes or winter boots and explore the trails in Hungry Hollow
- Cross-country skiing in trails and parks
- Take your photography to the next level by capturing the beauty of winter in Halton Hills
- Bring the family (and a thermos of hot chocolate) and explore Fairly Lake and Prospect Park
- Visit the historic Limehouse Kilns
Worth a Visit! Destination Parks include public gardens, floral displays or thematic gardens built on Town owned or leased land. Visit local parks, enjoy the sunshine and learn about the rich heritage and history of Halton Hills. Learn More
Halton Hills offers a range of trail experiences and places to explore. Discover your local neighbourhood and nearby natural areas, parks and gardens.
Parks with a picnic shelter or gazebo are a great place to plan a family gathering over the summer. Ideal for tournament headquarters, providing shelter from any unwanted weather. Learn More
Sports fields are available from May 1 through to September 30. Visit a local diamond or field where you'll likely find a game underway to cheer on your favourite teams. Learn More
Halton Hills is home to two Skateparks, unsupervised facilities offering moderate level challenges for skateboarders and BMX riders.
Have fun and cool down! Visit Gellert park, Dominion Gardens park and Prospect park to enjoy this unique form of waterplay on a colourful non-slip rubberized surface! Learn More
The Town offers two well lit, fenced areas to exercise and socialize your dog while chatting with other dog owners. Visit a leash free zone at Cedarvale or Prospect Park. Learn More
View current and future projects as well as preliminary plans, public meeting announcements, status updates and phase updates Learn More