Rec Partner Pass
Do you have a temporary or permanent disability that makes it difficult for you to participate in recreation programs on your own? Would you find it helpful to bring a partner along to assist you in participating? If you answered YES , the Rec Partner Pass may be just what you are looking for!
What is a Rec Partner Pass?
A Rec Partner Pass provides free admission to an individual providing assistance to a participant with a disability who is attending a Recreation & Parks registered program, drop-in program, or activity at the Seniors Centre.
Who qualifies for a Rec Partner Pass?
What is the role of the Rec Partner?
Having been chosen by the participant, the Rec Partner:
- Accompanies the participant with a disability in his/her chosen program or activity to provide one-on-one assistance that is not provided by Recreation & Parks program instructors;
- Supports the participant with a disability in program participation;
- Provides full supervision throughout the entire program;
- Behaves in a manner that supports a positive program experience for all program participants;
- For aquatic activities, is comfortable, and behaves safely, in the water.
How do I get my Rec Partner Pass?
It’s as simple as completing a Rec Partner Pass Registration Form, and submitting it to the Customer Service staff at any of the following locations:
- Civic Centre – Recreation & Parks counter
- Gellert Community Centre
- Georgetown Seniors Centre
- Acton Seniors Centre
- A Rec Partner Pass Registration is completed and submitted by the person with the disability or a legal guardian on his or her behalf.
- The Pass is valid for a period of five (5) years from the date of issue after which re-registration is required.
- The person with a disability presents the Pass each time he or she attends the activity with his/her Rec Partner.
- The person with a disability and the Rec Partner enter, attend, and exit the activity together.
- The Rec Partner behaves in a manner that supports a positive program experience for all program participants.
- For fitness classes, the Rec Partner completes a PAR-Q and provides the instructor with a contact telephone number for emergencies.
- Fees associated with meals and trips at the Seniors Centres cannot be waived.
Town Inclusion Policy
Review the complete Inclusion Policy