The official website for the Town of Halton Hills Ontario Canada. Halton Hills includes Georgetown, Acton, Stewarttown, Glenwilliams, Norval, Hornby, Limehouse, and Terra Cotta. Get Municipal News, By-law Information, Sustainability Tips, Recreation Swimming/Skating Schedules and everything else you would need to know about living, visiting, doing business in Halton Hills Ontario.

My Favourites


    How to Use the Favourites Menu

    Contact  |  A-Z Listing   |   Mapping   |   eServices   |   Public Meetings  |   Council  |   News & Notices

    Permanent or Portable Signs Information

    The Town of Halton Hills' Sign By-law controls any sign located outside a building wall, whether on private property or Town road allowance. 
    A Building Permit is required for a Permanent Sign.
    A Portable Sign Permit is required for a temporary sign. 
    Section 6 of the Sign By-law describes signs not requiring a permit.

    Portable Sign Permit Application Forms:

    A variance process is available where the sign cannot be erected in compliance with the by-law. The process takes approximately 3 months.

    For further information regarding the following please contact 905-873-2601 Ext. 2924:

    • Permanent or Portable Signs and Variances
    • Building Permits (required for a permanent sign)

    The Town has no jurisdiction on Regional roads or provincial highways. Permanent Signs on private property adjacent to provincial highways require a permit from the Ministry of Transportation before a Town of Halton Hills' Permit can be issued.



    Send a message to
    *You will be copied on this email.