Office Of Sustainability
Sustainability... it's happening here.
“In 2060, the urban and rural communities of Halton Hills balance economic prosperity with a deep commitment to the natural environment, while retaining viable local agriculture and small-town feel, and being socially equitable, culturally vibrant and strongly connected.”
The key focus areas for the Office of Sustainability are:
- Shaping Our Community: To improve quality of life through actions that make Halton Hills the best place to live, raise a family, work, play and invest.
- Energy Planning: To ensure that our community uses energy efficiently, benefits from reduced energy costs and generates fewer greenhouse gas emissions.
- Analysis, Support and Innovation: To identify best practices, complete research, collaborate, collect and analyze data, and assist with sustainability-related inquiries and decision-making.
- Corporate Culture and Operations: To support a corporate culture of sustainability where sustainability is seamlessly integrated into Town decision-making and initiatives.
- Community Engagement: To engage the community in shaping Halton Hills’ future.