Winter is a time when one can wander onto local trails to enjoy the peace and quiet of the crisp winter air and enjoy the beauty of nature. Note, trails do not receive winter maintenance. Always be cautious and alert, and wear appropriate clothing and footwear when outdoors in cold weather. In addition, watch for storm damage and be cautious around ice and damaged trees. These hazards can be addressed by Infrastructure Services staff. If you discover a hazard like fallen trees.
• Features & Destinations
• Learn about local wildlife and plants
• See trails, terrain and level of difficulty
• and more!
Download Trail Map Now!
Experience all of the Benefits of Hiking
Improve Your Health
Hiking is an activity that everyone can enjoy regardless of his or her fitness level. A regular brisk, walking routine can greatly reduce your chances of heart problems and offers numerous benefits including muscle toning, bone density, improved circulation, weight loss, keeping joints mobile and flexible, easing digestion and lowering blood pressure.
Connect With Others
Joining a hiking group is a great way to be active and meet new people with similar interests. Create fun for the whole family! Spending quality time together on a trail can provide the opportunity to really get to know one another.
Overall Well Being & Mental Health
Refresh your mind by hiking through natural surroundings. The escape that the trails provide can have a positive effect on your stress level, revitalizing your mind, reducing fatigue and increasing your energy.
Trails offer the opportunity to learn about and experience nature. Investigate all the beauty that exists right in your own backyard.
- Stay on marked trails. Follow the signage that will guide you safely along the pathway.
- Keep to the right. This allows others to travel by you safely.
- Trails are a great place for you to exercise with your pet. Please keep all pets on a leash and be sure to clean up anything left behind.
- Please place garbage in receptacles provided. Garbage bins are located at entrance and exit points.
- Do not disturb plants or wildlife.
- Please be cautious of poison ivy.
- Respect the privacy of neighbouring residents.
- Enjoy cycling and in-line skating on our paved trails, but be sure to wear protective gear and always yield to pedestrians. When passing, provide a sound to let others know that you are moving past.
- Motorized vehicles are not allowed on any trail.
Links & Resources
Credit Valley Conservation
Hamlet of Glen Williams Side Trail