Building & Zoning Compliance Letters
Compliance letters are a service provided by the Zoning section of the Infrastructure Services Department to provide comment in writing on the building and zoning status of a property. They are sometimes referred to as zoning certificates or work orders.
Information will be provided with respect to property matters under the jurisdiction of the Infrastructure Services Department, such as:
- Zoning of the property and the uses permitted within that zone
- Minor variances granted.
- The status of building permits.
- Occupancy status.
- Details of any open work orders.
If a survey is provided, or on file, comments will be provided regarding the survey's compliance with the requirements of the Zoning By-law.
To request a compliance letter:
- A written request and the current fees must be submitted. Requests are processed on a first come, first processed basis.
- It is recommended, to allow sufficient time for processing, that requests are submitted a minimum of ten (10) working days (more for some commercial and industrial properties) prior to the date needed.
- A copy of the completed letter will be faxed out and the original will be mailed.
See Infrastructure Services User Fees for all applicable fees.