Pool Enclosure Permits
Under the authority of the Municipal Act, 2001, as amended, the Town of Halton Hills passed the Pool Enclosure By-law No. 2009-0028. As regulated under this By-law, owners of privately-owned swimming pools are required to erect and maintain enclosures around their pools. Building Services Section of the Transportation and Public Works Department is responsible for the issuance of pool enclosure permits and associated inspections.
What documentation do I need in order to apply?
All pool enclosure permit applications are to be submitted to the Infrastructure Services Department - Building Division with the following documentation:
- Completed Application form for a Swimming Pool Enclosure Permit.
- Owner’s Authorization form if applicant is not the owner.
- Authorization form if applicant is not the owner.
- Two (2) copies of a plot plan/site plan (see: Guide for Pool Owners for details).
- Complete details of any existing fence(s) and gate(s) proposed to be part of the pool enclosure (including photographs).
- Pool enclosure permit fee (see: Infrastructure Services User Fees).
- Written approvals from Directors of Recreation & Parks and Transportation and Public Works for the proposed construction access from any Town-owned property, if applicable.
- Written approval of the developer or owner of the subdivision if the proposed pool is within an unassumed plan of subdivision.
- Refundable damage deposit (see: Infrastructure Services User Fees).
For more information please see:
Inquiries should be directed to 905-873-2601 Ext. 2960.